Become a Mental Health First Aider Certificated 2 day course (15th April 2020)
16 in stock
Would you like to become more knowledgeable on mental health and feel confident in supporting those who might be struggling?
EDP Training is the leading open course provider in the South West and holds an open course a month in Exeter. You can find out more about us at www.edptraining.co.uk
Mental health is a growing concern in society with 1 in 4 experiencing mental health issues in the UK each year.
Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
– An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
– Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
– Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
– Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
– Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Attendance on both days advertised are compulsory for you to become fully qualified as a Mental Health First Aider. The course will begin at 9.00 am and finish at 5pm on both days. Following the completion of the course, you will be given a manual on MHFA and sent a certificate to confirm your qualification.
Please contact EDP Training for any more info on our courses or to book direct and avoid the fee.
In-house and open courses are available
Jurys Inn, Western Way, Exeter, EX1 2DB