Become a Mental Health First Aider – Certificated 2 day course 9 – 10 Sept 20
Would you like to become more knowledgeable about mental health and feel confident in supporting those who might be struggling?
EDP Ltd is the leading open course provider in the south west. We have been providing this kind of training for over 3 years and have an experienced Associate from MHFA England delivering your course (Bianca Jones).
Covid-19 – We care about our delegates, which is why we have completed a risk assessment on our training room and can ensure we deliver training safely with the 1 metre+ social distancing as well as ensuring our room is well ventilated (we have 2 doors and x 2 large windows). More information will be in your booking email.
Mental health is a growing concern in society, with 1 in 4 experiencing mental health issues in the UK each year.
Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
– An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
– Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
– Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
– Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
– Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Attendance on both days advertised are compulsory for you to become fully qualified as a Mental Health First Aider. The course will begin at 9.30 am and finish at 5pm on both days. Following completion of the course you will be given a manual on MHFA and sent a certificate to confirm your qualification.
Please contact EDP training for any more info on our courses or to book direct and avoid the booking fee.
In-house and open courses are available.